Some have asked us about the Coronovirus situation in Tanzania and how that is affecting Lion of Judah Academy.
The virus has reached Tanzania, though the last we heard there were only a handful (six, as of March 19) known cases, mostly in Dar es Salaam.
The government has shut down all schools (including Lion of Judah Academy) for 30 days, banned all pubic events and meetings, and taken other actions aimed at curbing the spread of the virus, much as we’ve done here in the U.S. Fortunately this order coincided very closely to the already scheduled mid-term break (it closed schools a week before the scheduled break)…but the continuation of the term is very much in doubt as of this time.
The situation does create major questions regarding the mid-May Dental Training Mission we have scheduled, as well as the Inlow’s scheduled departure on April 30. As of today we still have all of those things on our schedule, but all partners in the project are closely watching the situation. We have set April 15 as the date by which we will make a decision to move forward with the project, or postpone it until later.
Please pray for God’s guidance and wisdom as we must make these decisions.